Saturday, February 12, 2011

Log Cabin Big Bloom Quilt card


 Happy Saturday everyone!  I am back from the great white north (Montreal) and am late to the PTI anniversary party contests, but had time to get this one in :)
The contest is to "Think Big", I am using a large button as my big and focal point.
I guess I could also say that this whole card is "big" because I super-sized the teeny quilt square, the classic log cabin pattern to design the basis of my card.  I cut the strips of the Autumn Abundance patterned paper and pieced and sewed them onto the kraft card stock base with some ivory thread.  I made a flower from the PTI Beautiful Blooms II dies (the medium sized and largest) layering and adding the button with a narrow PTI silk ribbon tied into a bow through the buttonholes.  I had inked the edges of the flower petals with a crumb cake ink.
I stamped one of the pretty Mat Stack II stamps onto a die cut Mat Stack II label in the same ink and then stamped the sentiment from the same set in PTI true black ink.  The little log cabin stamp pattern was inked in PTI true black and stamped directly onto the floral patterned paper from Autumn Abundance paper collection.
The card came together quite easily, just as I had pictured in my head ;)
Thanks for taking a peek!
Chriss




Seeds in my CUP
stamps ~ Beautiful Blooms II, Mat Stack 2 Collection, Quilters Sampler
paper   ~ PTI kraft cs, Autumn Abundance patterned paper, Dotty Biscotti
access. ~ Mat Stack II die, Beautiful Blooms II dies, PTI button from Custom Vintage Mix, PTI silk ivory ribbon
ink       ~ SU crumb cake

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home! ... beautiful card ... love all the detail in this ... really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)