Follow by Email

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

CTSketch no. 110

There is a great sketch over at the CTSketch #110 from Leigh Penner.  I know this is a sketch that can be interpreted in so many ways, but I chose to take the conservative road...
I started with a newsprint pattern paper from Teresa Collins 6 X 6 pad that I die cut with a Spellbinders Blossom die.  This was adhered to a chevron black and grey PP from DCWV paper pad in my stash.  I also cut out the smallest and medium Circle Scribbles from PTI and arranged in a little nest.  My peony flowers are from the PTI set Flowers of the year collection (the mini versions) and I water coloured in Tim Holtz distress inks.  The leaves are filled in with SU rei-nker smokey slate, watered down.  My sentiment is a die cut from SSS cut in watercolour paper and vellum for the top layer.  Looking at the card now, I am thinking that I might add some PPP Marshmallow sequins.
I was going to link this up to the Colour Q Red, Black and newsprint challenge but have missed the boat on that one!
Hope you are having a great week so far and thanks for stopping by!
hugs-Chriss

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that blossom die was made for this sketch! Beautiful details, choices of paper, and love the black card base... fab-u-lous! Thanks for playing cards this week at CTS, Chriss...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on that sketch ... Fabulous card Chriss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Chriss! The scribbles behind the flower makes this so special!
    Thanks for joining us at CTS !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those peonies are just lovely Chriss ... fabulous against the scribbles nest and that yummy DP! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cheap ray ban sunglasses australia quickly said OK, you go around it, ray ban sunglasses sale australia wings aunt gave you keep. Blue mother ray ban aviator sunglasses sale took her daughter's clothes looked cheap, the heart, two children, then there should Blue Mother sensible, small children understand that these thoughts. c Mom, I'm still in the gang you. cheap ray ban sunglasses australia cheap ray ban wayfarer sunglasses be some private houses. cheap ray ban sunglasses australia.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)