Monday, May 3, 2010

Monochromatic birthday for Caardvarks challenge

Good Monday morning! Hope everyone had a fun weekend and the weather in your part of the world is treating you good;)

I love creating cards with a monochromatic theme, so when I saw this challenge on the Caardvarks blog, well I just had to play along! I don't have any Core'dinations card stock, but I am on the hunt for it! Click onto the Caardvarks link above and you will see some amazing cards that the crew over there created. They are TRULY amazing!
For my simple card, I used PaperTrey Ink Ocean tides for the front double edged twig border, Bazzil textured Hazel card stock for the card front and the double edged hydrangea border panel, a strip of this perfectly colour co-ordinated Memory box paper from the Poppyfinch collection, Spellbinder petite oval dies, CuttleBug fancy filigree square dies that I layered under the ovals, a SU bird punch and some pretty Prima paper roses that compliment this colour theme quite well (imho) as an embellishment. The sentiment is from the SU set Well Scripted. I sponged the edges of the card, Memory box paper strip and the birdie with PTI Ocean Tides ink for a little dimension. Thanks for taking a peek today. Hope you have a great creating week!
cheers!
chriss

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh! I love this monochromatic look - and the beautiful colors you've used! That fancy filligree square die is a new must have - it looks fabulous under the ovals! Great work, Chriss =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)