Saturday, March 6, 2010

Easter Bonnet and Tea Cup Impression Obsession style!

Here are a couple of cards that I made for the I.O. challenge, to make and Easter card using Impression Obsession stamps.
Although I have been collecting these stamps for a little while now, I didn't have anything that was "true Easter", but I thought, an Easter Tea and stamped the pretty teacup and coloured in Spring colours and put the card together. The white lacey border is a paper doily that I cut the edge off (and it also qualifies for a challenge to use doilies over on the MFB) and I layered it onto a border that I made from a PTI tiny dots paper in Aqua Mist cut with a SU border punch. The white background was created with a Quickutz embossing folder and I added a teeny pearl to the luscious chocolate.

Then I remembered, I have a bonnet. Easter bonnet! This is called the scalloped bucket hat, but as I was looking through the I.O. stamps online, I saw that they have quite a few pretty hat stamps. The flower is also an I.O. hydrangea sprig and the bonnet hat card uses a sketch for the SFYTT that Jen put up today. I had a lot of fun colouring these hydrangea sprigs and blending the purples.

Well, off to clean my mess on the desk now before I can go onto the next challenge!

Thanks for taking a peek,
Chriss

1 comment:

  1. Chriss, Both cards are just beautiful all the lacey borders and rhinestones. You out did yourself!!! I love your take on Easter very girly:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)