Friday, January 29, 2010

Buttons and seeds (beads that is!)


Hello everyone! I have been trying to make some birthday cards (some are overdue) to mail out to friends and family. I made this one and added a few to my ETSY shop. This card was created with a sketch from the 2sketches4you blog sketch #44 that I thoroughly had fun with. It's a great sketch, very versatile and I love the colour combo that I used from this Cosmo Cricket Girl Friday paper and the Ocean Tides from Papertrey Ink. The image is another adorable Baby Button Bits from PTI, not just for babies right?
I stamped the image with PTI black ink and used a square Nestability die and then outline embossed with the tan mat in my CuttleBug and cut out a larger square in the Ocean Tides to later layer under the cream square. I coloured the little "petals" with my Ice Ocean Copic marker #BG72. I think it is a perfect match to this PTI colour. I added cream and Ocean Tides buttons to the stamped image and I actually sewed them to the cream panel with a matching embroidery floss. I stamped a part of the button bits image (the leaves) onto the same CC dp and cut the leaves out and added to the leaf part on the stamped image. I added a little piercing to the top left and bottom right corners of the panel. I then backed the
cream square onto the Ocean Tides with my dimensional foam.
The CC pattern paper was cut to the regular size card, but I then cut off a 1/4 " strip that I adhered to the bottom inside of the card. I used a MS border punch on the front of the ivory card base to make a scalloped edge and then I glued the pattern paper to the card front so that the shortened size of this paper front just lets the scallop edge just peek out at the bottom. I made another cream scallop border and layered it onto an Ocean Tides wide MS border and added these to the card front.

The square was then added to the front and positioned so that just partial scallops are seen directly under the square. I love how the button treatment on the bottom of the card turned out. I threaded the individual buttons and tied the embroidery floss and snipped, leaving just the tiniest "tails" except for on the central blue button which I snipped quite close after tying a knot. I added some crystal effects to the button top and then I placed individual seed beads in a circular pattern following the button rim.
That's it for this one, all from a sketch and some amazing paper!

Thanks for taking a peek!

Cheers to a good week-end,
Chriss

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Your card is gorgeous too!! That button work with the beads is such a neat idea. I bet it was a pain too! Great blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a stunning card! I love the colors :)
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a pretty card- great idea using the buttons where you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! Love the buttons and border punch! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chriss, this card is just gorgeous! Love it. Great choice of patterned paper and the way you used the border punches looks so charming. And what a wonderful idea to add the seed beads on your button.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty! love the look of the buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sooo lovin the colors you used on this adorable card, Chriss...the little button image is sooo cute and what a great sketch!!!! Beautifully done!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)