Thursday, July 9, 2009

Wedding "To have and to Hold"

Hi everyone,
I had the day off and was able to get a couple of cards done today!  I have been slacking a little with challenges, and this is no exception.  I made this, well, just because ;)  I like the neutrals and wanted to see how the elements I had in my head would look like on paper.  I like the end result and it's a fairly simple card, but it took me a couple of hours of just "playing" before I thought I had it right.  To make the card, I first made my card base in Sahara Sand and put it through the CB Swiss Dots folder.  I have been playing around with this MS border punch and I really like how it embosses at the same time.  I chose my white card stock and punched along both edges and then took a shorter rectangle in the Sahara colour and did the same.  I wanted to also use the beautiful lace that I purchased from Ellen Hutson (some months ago!) because it is a beautiful match to the Sahara and I think it looks really nice with the white.  On top of that layered panel I put another rectangular white that I also put through the CB strip folders and then I used the small corner rounder from SU to soften the appearance.  The flower is a Prima and I used another MS punch (I really like and use this little leaf frond a lot) to make the leaves out of Always Artichoke.  I think it brings in just the right amount of colour for this neutral card.  The buttons are from a MM packet that I got on sale at Michaels.  They too are a great match to the Sahara.  The floss in the buttons are from a clothing tag and I am re-cycling ;))  I cut out this frame and sentiment from the "To have and to Hold" set from SU  Thanks for taking a peek!
chriss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)