Friday, June 26, 2009

Elegant Flowers for VSJUN02


Here is the second sketch challenge from the Verve blog for the new release.  I love this flower from Verve, a plain Jane that I call elegant!  This was a fun sketch and so easy to keep adding to the layering, but I think I stopped just in time before creating a misfit ;)  Love these colours together, Tango Tangerine and Blue Bayou (sadly both are retired from SU) and I had this perfect little dragonfly to use as my tiny embellishment. The flower was stamped in Tango Tangerine and then coloured with a Copic (my beloved BG72 Ice Ocean) which imho is a perfect compliment to Blue Bayou.  Cut the flowers out and mounted them to a CB'g die and layered that onto a white square.  I used the small corner rounder on the square to mimic the rounded corner from the die.  I then used a Nestability square to cut out some Blue Bayou squares and another Nestability scalloped square to cut out a white layer.  I added some rhinestones for the centers of the flowers and placed on the square panel front of the card. In between the panels I also used a CB embossing strip to place in between the squares as I thought it looked just a little plain without anything "going on" in the center spaces.  The sentiment is also Verve and I stamped it in Basic Gray and sponged the edges and front of the word panel with some Tango Tangerine.  Thanks a bunch for taking a peek!
Chriss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)