Friday, February 24, 2017

Ellen's February Pin Sights challenge

Happy Friday all!  

I am starting to get back on track with card challenges and have a card today for the February Ellen Hutson Pin Sights challenge!










Aqua is my favorite color.  I could not pass this challenge up and it was a very good reason to ink up my NBUS Mondo Poinsettia stamp set!
I stamped in Tumbled glass distress ink onto hot press watercolor paper and used a combo of the tumbled glass, bundled sage and evergreen bough to color in.  I had in mind to try a no line watercolor, but stamping the tumbled glass directly and repeatedly onto the wc paper was the first mistake.  I forgot to stamp off, and well, I just went with it.
I also used a diluted mixture of hickory smoke to tuck in between the leaves and did a little dry brushing on the right hand side of the panel.  The flower centers are my nod to mixed media...white pen, yellow and blue Sakura glaze pens and distress inks.  I added the gorgeous sentiment from Julie's Holly and Mistletoe that I stamped in a charcoal grey ink.  
Thanks for peeking in and have a great weekend!


12 comments:

  1. Hello Ellen. I just posted my challenge card and saw that you used the Mondo Poinsettias too. Your card is so soft and pretty. I love the watercolor look of it and the mixed media centers of the flowers are really pretty too. Beautiful card, and isn't great to have another Christmas card done?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chriss. I'm so sorry, I saw Ellen on your post and got your name wrong. Thanks for the nice comment about my card. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soft and lovely, Chriss ... the detailing on the centres of those fabulous poinsettias is fantastic ... positively touchable! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chriss this is just stunning! So wonderful seeing your post in my box!!!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful...love that soft pretty blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my, this is a beauty. LOVE how the Mondo Poinsettia look in Tumbled Glass!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is drop dead gorgeous. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful colours! Love your card Chriss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aqua is a favorite of mine, too, and I'm aswoon over your aqua poinsettias, Chriss!! This is stunning! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Chriss! Love the soft aqua colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colors and what a pretty flower design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO PRETTY! I LOOOVE the blue for Christmas! THANK YOU for coming over to visit! I SO APPRECIATE your thoughtfulness! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)