Monday, April 20, 2015

A Muse Congratulations

Already Monday and another Muse.  I did not get to play with Michele's wonderful blue inspiration last week and this week it's Marion Vagg with another   inspiring card and it's blue too.  It is a colour that I do not often create with, but I had some water coloured paper that I had used a couple of blues and a grey (black soot) and Mr. Huey's Blizzard spray on a couple of weeks ago and the butterflies were calling me...
I am currently making up some graduation cards amidst all of the sawing, hammering and comings and goings of the construction crew at the house.  It has been a crazy couple of weeks here.
Here is Marion's card

and here is mine
I started by using a PTI tag die that I cut from white linen CS from my stash and then used a Memory Box teeny butterflies die across the top of the tag.  I stamped a PTI sentiment in Smokey Shadow across the bottom part of the tag and then inlaid the butterflies that I had cut from my water coloured sheet.  I also cut a graduation cap from Smokey Shadow and affixed over the circle fastener on the tag.  The CS front is SU Baja Blue and I used a polka dot EF on it.  The little grey and white polka dot strip is a scrap piece that I added for a little foundation.  Pretty easy from this wonderful inspiration!  I think I will make up another with some pink and coral butterflies :)
Thanks for stopping in and have a great Monday!

Chriss



7 comments:

  1. Time just seems to get away doesn't it ... I love your card and the Muse ... Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Baja blue and you've used my all-time favorite embossing folder, Chriss. A perfect sentiment from PTI ... and a great start to your Grad cards. Thanks for joining in the fun at Muse this week Chriss... one day we'll play cards for real! =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous texture, Chris ... and such great detailing ... those inlaid watercoloured butterflies are just lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great take on the MUSE card, Chriss! And what a beautiful tag sediment for a graduation card!! I'm excited for you as each day passes and you get closer to being finished with the upheaval!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those tiny butterflies are perfect - I love the progression of them across the tag! So glad you joined us at Muse this week, Chriss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card and I love your fabulous tag. What an amazing sentiment too! Good luck with your all the work you are having done. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love how you took the inspiration butterfly and ran with it by using multiple ones. so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)