Thursday, January 12, 2012

50 years of wisdom

Hi there!
I needed a birthday card for a male friend turning 50 and I thought this Hero Arts owl was perfect!  I am a little older than 50 and I would like to think that I have gained some wisdom over the years...this little guy is here to give some wise and happy birthday wishes!
I stamped the Hero Arts newsprint owl onto PTI kraft card stock in SU black craft ink, cut out and sponged around the edges with PTI spring moss ink.  I coloured the leaves with a Copic marker.  The medalion at the top was made with a Memory Box die and I glued it into place, nestling in this fun Jenni Bowlin button at the same time, it sits on a sponge dimensional.  The little wooden tag is one of several that I have had in my stash for a few years.  They are not a craft item, but rather tags that were extra to some little wooden ducks and lambs that Smith & Hawken carried.  When they closed, I was allowed to take some of them home...:))  I knew I could use them one day and I think this makes a great masculine tag.  The 0 is a sparkly sticker and the 5 is something that I had in my stash.  It was a paperclip, but I broke the wire off and glued the 5 in place.
That's it for this simple card.
See you soon-hope your day is going well and that you are safe and warm.  It's pretty cold here in Austin today, 40's and windy.  I am staying inside today.  Yesterday's winter day was MUCH nicer 79 and sunny...
Thanks for stopping by to take a peek,
Chriss

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous fun card ... I would think this just perfect for a male friend ... brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)