Friday, May 21, 2010

City Crafter challenge "Paris"

Good morning all. Friday already! Where did this week go?
I had time to finally make a card for the City Crafter's challenge found here. The challenge is to incorporate a Paris theme. I don't usually do "shabby" cards, but they sure have been surfacing a lot lately and some of you are oh, so talented with presenting such a beautiful creation, so here is my very modest version and try at a shabby.
I wanted to use this "Chocolat" line of papers from SEI that encompass the Paris theme quite well and I had a go at making a ribbon rose, my first!
I gathered a folded length of this rose coloured ribbon and just shaped it into a spiral and placed a couple of glue dots on the back to secure in place. The center has a Webster's glass chocolate coloured sparkle button that I thought was a perfect tie in to the other chocolate elements on the card front. The sentiments (Mon Amie and Merci) are stamped in a chocolate ink and I added some little pearls and tucked an Eiffel Tower charm in between the rose and main sentiment.
The border at the bottom was created with an EK Success slim punch with a FDL pattern. I added some larger pearls to the bottom corner and all of the paper edges are sponged with brown ink.
Here is a close up of the rose.
That's my first Shabby with my first ribbon rose. I need to practice on both of these techniques!
Thanks for taking a peek today and I hope to be able to make some more cards later.

Cheers!
Chriss

6 comments:

  1. Look at that pretty handmade flower, I really need to try one soon! This is totally lovely to me, that color of the DP, with that flower, and tiny little eiffel tower charm, very sweet! Love it!
    Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the flower, thanks for joining us at the CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job on this shabby chic design, Chriss....I love the paper you used and the ribbon rose is gorgeous!!!! Ya know what they say...see one, do one, teach one!!!
    You are almost a master at this, gf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a Beautiful card.. I Love the little charm you added..Thanks for joining us at the CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you have presented a lovely shabby Paris card! You did a wonderful job with this challenge. Thanks for joing us at CCCB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The card is ever so romantic. Love all the intricate details that makes this card Paris!
    I have just returned from this lovely City and as for me you have captured the very essence of Paris.

    Voila!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)