Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Mojo Dahlias and CPS161


Hi there everyone! Bet you thought that I had dropped off the face of the planet! Well, it's not that I have been lazy, just spending a great week with a very, very dear friend from Toronto last week and then I had to return to work yesterday, but here are a couple of cards that I created yesterday morning.
This first one is for Julee's Mojo Mondays sketch #133 designed by Janette Olen.
I will be using this one over and over I think, maybe even as was drawn and not flipped! I stamped the newly acquired Delightful Dahlias from Papertrey Ink (both sizes) and coloured/shaded with my Co
pics. I added some copper Lumiere to the center and also used my Spica copper pen to add some dots. I love experimenting with floral shading and I think I may need to add some Copic colours to my collection ;) Oh dear...

I also stamped and coloured the two sizes of leaves with the set and wanted to use both of these as well. I like how they look layered on the edge of the flower.
I used the Spellbinder classic ovals for the floral frame and a petite oval for the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment right onto the patterned paper and both of these that I used with this card are from the Cafe Mediterranean stack from DCWV...gorgeous colours! The kraft card front is embossed with a new PTI metal impression plate
Giga Guide Lines, a little hard to see in the photo, but pretty IRL.
The next card I made is for the Card Positioning Systems sketch #161. I used Basic Grey Kioshi papers and PTI sets Beautiful Blooms II and Giga Guide Lines for the sentiment.PTI blush card stock with a Swiss Dots EF, stamped the flowers using SU blush and coral and edged the points of the flowers and made dots around the PTI button centers with another Spica Peach pen also from the set B Spica pens. Looking at the button centers now...well, they need some twine or floss coming out of the button holes because I think they look a little naked!

Thanks for coming back to check out what I have been up to!
cheers!
Chriss

4 comments:

  1. These are just lovely! I adore the orange and green color combo on your Mojo card. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty! Love the orange and green and the wildflowers, woo hoo! It IS a great year for them, isn't it? Thanks for visiting my blog -- we'll have to keep in touch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chriss, both cards are really, really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the cards. Your Mojo card is very nicely done...love the colors and layout you used.

    Debra (Texas)

    My Blog: Creative Heart Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)