Follow by Email

Friday, February 12, 2010

Simple and Romantic Wedding Bouquet

1 card, 2 challenges...
I am still organizing my craft room, but really wanted to make this card for a couple of challenges that are nearing deadline.
The 1st challenge is to "make your very best wedding card" and have a chance at being published over on the Caardvarks blog here. I have only ever submitted for a publication 2 times...and no luck. Maybe third time is a charm? I know that I have read to keep submitting and it could take a long time to ever get selected, so I guess I have to be a little more persistent and patient ;)
The second challenge is a sketch challenge, # 153, over on the CardPositioning site here being sponsored by Papertrey Ink!!!
For my card I decided to use a beautiful JustRite image, newly released from the Breath of Spring collection. I am using them as Hydrangeas. (even though I know that they are violets! they have the same shaped petal so...let's just pretend) I started my card by stamping the image twice onto Papertrey Vintage Cream card stock in SU Always Artichoke. I then coloured with my Copic markers and cut out with the Spellbinder Label one die and I also embossed it. I used a chiffon Copic (one of the new lights from Copic that I just bought from Ellen Hutson)to colour the cream spaces on the embossed panel, taking care to follow along the edges.


I also coloured some extra flowers and cut them out and added dimensional foam to the backs and placed these in the bouquet adding some "Buttermilk" sparkle from a newly puchased Spica pen. I added some sparkle to the bouquet's ribbon too. The card base is made with Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream card stock and to the front of this I added a brown Bazzil textured layer and then a cream Bazzil textured layer. The designer paper front is a double sided sheet from K and Co. from a new (and gorgeous collection)designer mat pad from Tim Coffey. I cut the front panels to suit the square size I was making (5 1/4 square) and adhered to the front. Over that is a strip of the same Bazzil card stock
that I used the new SU punch on. I wrapped some lace around the strip and adhered to the card front. The rhinestones are a flower cluster that I cut up from a Say it in Crystals pack that I have been hoarding. I used these because they were a complimentary colour and a good size for the scale of the punched scallop. The edges of the main image was sponged in Ranger tea dye ink (as were the other designer paper edges)and placed onto a larger size Label one panel that I cut from another piece of the same K and Co. paper.
Hope you like the card, I had a lot of fun making it! I may have another post today...Have a great day! Thanks for visiting.












2 comments:

  1. I hope you get selected Chriss your card is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I relaly like the way you used that CPS sketch, wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)