Saturday, January 9, 2010

"Cranberry and Lattice" embroidered heart

Here is my take on the Card Positioning System sketch # 148. I kept this very simple, and like the result. I took my cue from the sketch, of course, and this strip of Basic Grey pattern paper from last year's Bittersweet collection. This is from the 6 X 6 paper pad. The two other textured card stocks are Bazzil, a soft chocolate and a deep cranberry colour. The focal image is simple a heart punched with a MS lattice heart punch and I did some stitching around the edges with a "pretty darn close enough" cranberry coloured embroidery thread. I like the different texture that this brings to the paper world ;) The heart was then placed onto a rounded corner square of the cranberry and then onto the chocolate scalloped square. The two little hearts on the right side were stamped with a sentiment from SU and punched out with another older MS hearts punch and layered onto the same cranberry colour card stock that I punched out larger hearts from. I placed a little cranberry heart in between the two in place of the "&" symbol. The background cranberry panel was embossed with my Retro Diamonds EF. Very easy card!
I like easy.
Thanks for peeking in again,
chriss

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!! I really love that heart accent! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! I love the special details. The embossing, the stitched heart and the little strip of patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)