Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Summer Birthday Treats~DTGD09

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a great day so far...
I am trying to complete some more of the DTGD09 challenges, so here is a card that incorporates a few more of the fabulous challenges.  This is a birthday card for a nice young man at work.  It's his birthday tomorrow, so this will actually be on time!  When I saw the sketch for this challenge DTGD09rainy I was, well, a little intimidated, but I received a package in the mail last night and one of the items I had ordered were these stamps from a new BG set that  I thought would be fun to use for a summer birthday card...voila, a little light went off and this is what I made this morning.I stamped the "embellishments" in sahara sand and coloured with Copics (the blue popsicle) qualifies for DTGD09sgtstamper to use a blue embellishment.  I used crystal effects on the three of them and some glitter on the ice cream cone (although the photo doesn't give the IRL effect) and popped them on dimensionals.  The card front is covered in a sheet of the new BG June Bug and the main panel are sheets from a pack that I purchased at JoAnn's some time ago.  I used black sparkly alpha stickers to spell out summer and that qualifies me for this challenge DTGD09Scrapnextras 
I used the SU oval punches to frame the treats and the ribbon is one that I had saved from some packaging.  The sentiment is from SU from the "It's your birthday" set.
Here is a close up of the glittered ice cream cone top and way below is a close up of the popsicle and watermelon slice.
Thanks for visiting today and thanks to all of the very sweet comments I have received.
chriss















2 comments:

  1. What a cool card! Who ever the young man is, I'm sure he is really going to love his card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just tooo cute, Chriss!!!! The images are yummy looking and I love the papers and colors you used!!! Don't ya just love to get happy mail....nothing like a box of new goodies to make a happy girl!! Hope you are staying out of the heat...yikes, we haven't had any rain yet and my grass is starting to turn brown. Keep your fingers crossed for rain by this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)