Follow by Email

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Case Study with Debby Hughes

 Hi again,
I did not mean to post 3 times today, however...I almost forgot to make a card for the CASE Study challenge where Debby Hughes is the muse!  Oh my, less than 5 hours to go, so I have made it before deadline :)
I had a sheet of this lovely white woodgrain CS that I scored to replicate boards and then sponged on some SU craft Going Gray ink.
The "tag" is a bookmark die from PTI and I cut in PTI Smokey Slate CS.  I have a very old SU apple stamp that I have not used nearly enough and I recently "discovered" it and have placed it in a vintage printer's tray that has recently been installed on one of my craft room walls.  I won't lose it there...
I stamped the apple in SU Real Red craft ink.  I just love the rich shades with the craft inks and then I water coloured with some TH distress inks and cut out.  I also found some unmounted SU stamps and I am using the "you amaze me" sentiment that is attached to a very cute bunny jumping out of a top hat.  I added two red brads to the Memory Box petite Pastry Label.  I know Debby would have added sequins...but I just did not think to do that before the photo was taken.  Oh well, a little plain...


Here is a photo of the printer tray with some small sized stamps.  I am limited as to what will fit in the openings, but I sure am happy to have spotted it at a Saturday market that is held in a town called Wimberly a couple of years ago.
Yes, my craft room is a retro orange, i had wallpaper in my bedroom in the 70's and it had this orange, a chartreuse, white and yellow all in a psychedelic floral.  Haha, tunes from Led Zep and Dylan.

3 comments:

  1. You are definitely on a creative roll here ... beautiful card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the texture! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week for the CASE Study Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fabulous card to just explore, Chriss ... the yummy soft grey texture, the beautiful bold banner, that gorgeously coloured apple ... and then there's that vibrant inset die cut with the fun sentiment! In all, rather brilliant! Oh, and what an amazing way to store your stamps! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)