Follow by Email

Monday, August 4, 2014

Pomegranate watercolour

The Case Study has an anniversary coming up!  For this week's challenge, #202 I wanted to try some water colour on fruit images.  I chose this pomegranate that I have had for 10 years!  It was from a company called A stamp in the Hand from Carson, CA and it has 4 beautiful images, cherry, fig, grape and the image I chose here.  I water coloured with SU Purely Pomegranate and also Pear Pizazz.  I at first had a water colour background with greys and blues and yellows, but did not like it at all.  :(
I decided to just fussy cut it and mount onto some foam dots.  I Stamped my background with PTI grey ink using an old SU background stamp "Sanded"  The grey and cream doily is from some patterned paper that I fussy cut.  The sentiment is PTI stamped in the same grey ink.
I am also entering this into the SSS Wednesday Challenge Blog for "Anything Goes".
Thanks for stopping in!
hugs-Chriss


5 comments:

  1. Really fun mix, Chriss! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card! I Love your watercoloring and that background is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun with this ... Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors and interesting look on the original card. Thank you for being with CAS(E) Study this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card!
    Thanks for joining us at Case Study!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)