Follow by Email

Monday, August 11, 2014

CASEing Laura's card


Happy Anniversary CASE Study!

I made a card for the Anniversary going on right now at CASE Study.
There are prizes and a wonderful hop that you can follow along on.  There will also be 3 more hops this month on the 14th, 21st and 28th!
For the challenge part of the Anniversary, we were to CASE one of DT cards along the blog hop.  When I saw this card that Laura made, I knew in my heart that I really wanted to try my hand at creating a card similar to hers.  The cards pictured here are in reverse order in which I made.  The first card in this post is the one that I was able to say that I was happy with.  I chose a solid image to do the stamping.  It is actually the top of a coffee cup image from the PTI stamp set Warm Happiness, quite old, one of the original sets I owned.  Not as sexy a shape as Laura's, but I think I made it work :)  I stamped in Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse, Autumn Rose and Tropical Teal.  I then stamped a Hero Arts border Stamp in black over the image and closer to the bottom of the panel, I stamped  SU Thank You image.  I really like how it turned out.  I loved using Laura's card for my inspiration pice.  The following two cards were my first and second try...
 This second card was OK, but I wanted to extend the stamped oval to the edges a little...and then I also thought to introduce another colour, the Autumn Rose.
The first card I made, well, I was a little shy with trying colours...I finished it anyway and then it toppled over onto the inked sentiment stamp...so I will have to add a few more stars ;)))

Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate your time and I hope you will be able to help celebrate with CASE Study too!
Hugs,
Chriss

5 comments:

  1. These all look so good but you know what, my favourite is actually your first card. The pattern is incredible and so much like Laura's card (nice to see I'm not the only crazy one trying to 'case' card perfection!!!!!). I think the colours are fantastic and its so well balanced. I so know how you feel about cards falling in ink, I do it all the time and its so frustrating. Thank goodness for embellishments I say!! Brilliant cards and I know Laura would be proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Chriss I love these cards .. you did a terrific job of casing Laura's beautiful card and your are stunning ... I am missing my craft room right now ... seeing your cards I want to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE what you did! Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! All three are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Case Study!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! I adore your stamped oval as added color! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)