Follow by Email

Monday, June 9, 2014

Shocking Pink



I made a card for the CASE Study challenge #194 using the awesome card from Pamela Ho as the subject and 
Darnell's  NBUS (never-before-used schtuff) #1 Virgin Challenge!   
I couldn't be happier for her!  She is an awesome crafter and comment giver and  the funniest storyteller!
So...for the card, I didn't change much for the CASE Study card, using the same colours and .
This was easier to do than I had anticipated!  That never happens!  Not to me.

I have these new "alpha betty" (a la Darnell speak) dies from PTI and I individualized them.  Yes, I chopped them apart from each other.  That's another shocking element to this post title.  These are brand new for me and it is my NBUS item :))
I placed each individual word over the black panel, holding in place with some washi tape and die cut, one word at a time.  The black panel is popped up on the pink panel and then adhered to another full sized black panel, all on a white card base.  I stamped the happy birthday in white craft ink and a flower was die cut in the same pink and stamped with black polka dots.  A few scattered pearls finish it off, along with an apostrophe that I made with a white gel pen.
Darnell's theme for this first challenge is friends...and I wouldn't give this birthday card to anyone but a friend!  I sure do hope that Darnell will be having more challenges because I have lots of NBUS.
Thanks for taking a peek!

Chriss

7 comments:

  1. I love this, Chriss! What a great job you did CASEing that cool card of Pamela's!! Any friend would be delighted to receive this fun card and I know you put a lot of work into it.

    Thank you SO much for your kind words and for joining in my NBUS challenge! However, I'm not sure what kind of hits I'm going to get on the ol' bloggeroo now that you have announced I'm having a Virgin Challenge! I beg your pardon?! lol!

    I have definitely started a "sisterhood of NBUS" haven't I? I think there are a lot of us! How nice it is to know we aren't alone in our schtufflictions! Thanks, again! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on this challenge and a great job casing that number card...I especially like the colors in both cards, it's my favorite color combo for cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card just made me laugh!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASE Study!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! What a great card!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to chuckle a bit. A perfect case and a perfect card for Darnell.
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job CSing Virginia's card. I had thoughts about that challenge but my old dies wouldn't co operate. Your are quite right about Darnell!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw you at NBUS--Love the pink and black!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)