Follow by Email

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Multiple "1sts"

A new chapter for me today of sorts.  This card is a 1st for me for some CAS challenges.  I am not very familiar with the CAS philosophy card style, but I have been looking at some of the very talented creators out there and I am bewitched with the loveliness.  Can a CAS style have this chalkboard-like background?
~well~here goes...

I created this card for a dear friend who has attained a #2 position in the country for a company he works for!
Congratulations David, this calls for a celebration!
The darling Margarita image is from Jillibean Soup and I used 2 Memory Box dies to help with depth and to help guide my circular focal image.  I stamped the Celebrate (Stampin' Up) in PTI snow white ink onto the smokey grey card stock and hand cut the banner.  The edges are rubbed with green chalk.

The CAS challenges I will be submitting this card to are
CTS #36  (oh dear...I see I am a few hours after the deadline)
CASology week 53 "cool"  (how better to cool down than with a Margarita!)
CFC109 "polka dots"(my lime centers are polka dotted)ETA I missed the deadline on this one too 
CS 150 challenge I think I might be playing along in some future CAS challenges.  This card was a blast to make and for such a happy occasion.
Thanks for taking a peek!
Chriss

7 comments:

  1. I think this is fab! I'm so glad you played along with us this week! (is it bad that I'm thinking 1 margarita, 2 margarita, 3 margarita, FLOOR?! lol!)I look forward to seeing you again at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being away I missed this ... It's such a fabulous card! I love the bright bold greens against the black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun Chris! Margaritas? I'm hanging out with you for sure! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea--and so adorable! Great take on the challenges and I'm sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Love the rosette you created with the margaritas - it's so cool! And the angled sentiment is awesome! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chriss, so glad you tried your hand at CAS...this is a great card, so fun and festive and COOL! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun use of the margarita image! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)